The holidays are often a time of indulgence. With all the holiday parties it can be hard to stay on track with diet and exercise. If you’ve fallen out of your fitness routine this holiday season, you’re not alone. The New Year encourages new beginnings, and one of the common resolutions at every start of the year is to maintain a healthier lifestyle. We have compiled the following tips to help you get back on fitness.
- Take it easy, normally your body deconditions itself regardless of your previous workout intensity. After a long vacation or a holiday, if you are struggling to get back into exercising, just start with something easy. Don’t risk getting injured. Increase time and intensity gradually.
- When preparing to get back into your fitness routine, do not forget to return with you proper diet to get back in shape. Remember to drink a lot of water or fluids to keep you hydrated, do not forget to add good carbohydrates, fats and proteins into your diet.
- Think about the outcome, we tend to focus too much on the effort, rather than the outcome. It can be hard, but again remember that you will always feel great afterwards.
- Get a gym buddy, a friend, relative, or a colleague to workout is a great way to motivate you, it also brings a little fun back into working out.
- Don’t work-out for anyone else but you. Being fit and healthy should be about making yourself feel great and having confidence. Not for how they think you should look. Taking care of your body should be one of your priorities because it is yours and not anyone else.
Remember these tips to get back in shape. Start your year right. Always remember to have Fun.